Tuesday, August 24, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccinations & Li-Fraumeni Syndrome
The LFS Association and Drs. Joshua Schiffman and Kara Maxwell host a special webinar for families with Li‑Fraumeni syndrome to share insights on the COVID‑19 vaccines and concerns within the LFS community.
Guest Panelists Include:
- Joshua Schiffman, MD
Professor of Pediatrics, University of Utah and CEO of PEEL Therapeutics
- Kara Maxwell, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, UPenn
- Wendy Kohlmann, MS, CGC
Genetic Counselor, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah
- Luke Maese, DO
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Utah
Panelists address questions and concerns about the coronavirus vaccines and its impact within our community.
Some Questions Answered Include:
- Have there been any reactions from the vaccine on those with LFS, or those who are mosaic?
- Are there any studies or data that support it is safe for an LFS patient to get the vaccine?
- Is there any preferred vaccine for any particular variants of LFS?
- Are booster shots recommended for those with LFS, cancer patients undergoing treatment, cancer patients not undergoing treatment?
- Do those with LFS, yet otherwise very healthy, need to be vaccinated?
All of the information and materials contained in this presentation, and all materials on the LFSAssociation.org website, are intended for general medical and health information and educational purposes only, and are not in any way intended to be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or care. Persons who view this presentation are encouraged to discuss any and all of this information with their own physicians. Persons who view this presentation and/or visit the LFSAssociation.org site should in no way rely on any information provided for their own health needs. All specific medical questions which arise as a result of viewing this presentation or any information on the LFSAssociation.org site should be presented to your own physician for review.